Leading the Way Towards Healthier Living
Long story short
Is the motto of Health-E-Quip, a customer-focused home medical equipment supplier based in Hutchinson, Kansas. Health-E-Quip’s commitment to excellence means high ethical standards, quality products and services, and strong leadership in the home medical equipment industry.
Incorporated in 1983, Health-E-Quip originated in the respiratory therapy department of Hutchinson (Kansas) Hospital, responding to a demand for home respiratory services. The fledgling company grew rapidly and increased its inventory to include many high-quality medical products and supplies from trusted manufacturers. Throughout these many years, we have gathered a lot of working experience that we are using today to provide much higher quality service to our clients. We know that quality is the number one priority, that’s why we are doing everything to provide the best possible service in the world.
By 1989 the Hutchinson location hired six employees and opened stores in McPherson and Russell Kansas. Health-E-Quip received accreditation in 1989 from the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO). Health-E-Quip is ranked in the top 5% of accredited home medical equipment suppliers in the nation. The most recent accreditation dates are 2001-2004
In 1993, Health-E-Quip expanded from a 400-foot office to a 2000-foot showroom and retail outlet in Hutchinson.
Velma Goertzen, registered nurse, is the general manager. Hired in 1987, she moved Health-E-Quip from grassroots’ beginnings to the company it is today. She is well-qualified for her position, having developed and owned a successful manufacturing business for 10 years prior to her employment with Health-E-Quip. She is also an experienced hospital nurse and medical systems consultant.
Presently, 41 professional persons create the employee team at Health-E-Quip.
- Registered Nurses– Evaluate each referral as to the appropriateness of the service the patient needs. Professional liaison with referral Physicians and Case Managers.
- Registered Respiratory Therapists– Teach customers and their families the proper use of equipment. Make regular in-home equipment checks. Provide 24-hour emergency life-support service.
- Certified Assistive Technology Suppliers (ATS)– Evaluate and fit customers with appropriate mobility, seating, and positioning products as well as support surfaces.
- Certified Equipment Technicians– Ensure all equipment is in top working order. Installation of specialized equipment and service of customer-owned equipment.
- Certified Delivery Technicians– Deliver and set up equipment in homes.
- Certified Experienced Fitters– Assist customers with post-mastectomy products.
- Billing & Insurance Specialists– Remain current on Medicare regulations. Ensure customers entitled benefits regarding claims. Answer customer reimbursement questions.
- Customer Service Representatives– Provide customer focused service.
The National Association of Medical Equipment named Health-E-Quip the 1993 National Home Medical Equipment Supplier of the Year from among 2000 companies. Home Care Magazine has featured Health-E-Quip numerous times. Health-E-Quip received the Hutchinson Chamber of Commerce Showcase award as a business which has made economic and community service contributions.